Monday night was my baby girl’s birthday. As I was making the frosting for her made-from-scratch chocolate cake (which was delicious!), my mixer died. Burnt out motor that stopped even trying – but the celebration had already started so I grabbed a stick blender and… well, I don’t like to think about it but long story short, I ended up with 10 stitches.
It’s hard typing one-handed, which is why the posts have been sparse lately. But today is National Inventors Day, and since I blame the burnt out mixer for my throbbing finger, I set Sam to reverse engineer it (post following).
I cut off the power cord and handed him a screwdriver. He was in shock. “Are you serious? I get to take it apart?!”
I have more on my mind than time to type it all, so I’ll leave you with this Friday Flashback from two years ago… it’s in regards to warning manuals. Something I should’ve paid more attention to before using the stick blender!
After Anabelle’s bath, she came to my room for me to do her hair. I paused in the middle of drying her hair when I noticed dust collecting on the screen at the back of the hairdryer. “I just have to clean this off. It’ll help it work better and will reduce the risk of fire.”
Anabelle frowned. “Was that in the manual?”?
“Um, actually I don’t know. I don’t think I have the manual anymore.”
“Katarina has hers!”
“Yep! I read it, hanging on the cabinet in the bathroom every single morning. It says, ‘Do Not Remove This Tag. Warn Children of the risk of death by electric shock.’” She shrugged. “You already warned me. I’m bored of reading it all the time.”